Drupal 8 comes up with Modernizr, Underscore and Backbonejs libraries to support many improvements for Editorial and Front-end experience. These libraries helps primarily in
- Developing Mobile-First or more efficient Mobile Friendly application.
- Reach User Interface (RIA) application.
- Bringing most out of the latest capabilities of the latest browsers and providing best possible user experience.
Here are these libraries:
Reference URL: https://modernizr.com
- This is browser feature detection library which includes HTML5, CSS and JS features.
- It runs its super fast feature detecting tests on page load and results of which can help in developing tailor made experiences.
- It can be used with CSS as well as JS collectively or separately utilizing maximum availability of your browser.
Reference URL: http://underscorejs.org
- Underscore.js provides a lightweight helper functions without extending any built-in objects.
- It has more than 100 helper functions and goodies.
Reference URL: http://backbonejs.org
- It connects Model, View and Collection easily with the existing API over a RESTful JSON interface and is pre-configured to sync with a RESTful API.